Williamson Act

The County of Santa Clara contracts with owners of certain properties to preserve land for agricultural uses pursuant to the California Land Conservation Act of 1965 (the Williamson Act). The Clerk of the Board is the official record-keeper for Williamson Act contracts, and in that capacity accepts applications for new contracts as well as requests to nonrenew or cancel existing contracts.

The County only has jurisdiction over Williamson Act contracts for lands located within unincorporated Santa Clara County. If you are unsure of whether your parcel is incorporated in a City or located in unincorporated County, please look up your property and check the associated jurisdiction.

Detailed information about the program and requirements may be obtained through the Department of Planning and Development's Williamson Act informational page.

For more information on applying for or nonrenewal/cancellation of an existing Williamson Act contract, please contact the Clerk of the Board.​​​​

©2024 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.