The Clerk of the Board accepts Applications from taxpayers seeking a reduction in property tax assessments and reviews Applications for compliance with State and local rules and regulations. Hearings are scheduled before Assessment Appeals hearing officers or the Appeals Board. The Clerk’s office provides meeting support by preparing and publishing Agendas and serves as the official record keeper during meetings. Public inquiries regarding Applications, the Assessment Appeals process, and hearing procedures should be directed to the Assessment Appeals Division of the Clerk’s office.
The Assessment Appeals hearing schedule and Agendas can be accessed through the Meeting Portal. Select “Assessment Appeals” in the Meeting Group drop down to view the current schedule.
- Current Hearing Calendar
- Local Rules
- Glossary of Terms
- Office of the Assessor
- Assessor's Property Owner's Guide to Proposition 8
- Office of the Tax Collector
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- CA Code of Regulations, Title 18, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3, Article 1
- CA State Board of Equalization
- CA State Board of Equalization Assessment Appeals Manual
- CA State Tax Board of Equalization Property Tax Rules
- CA State Board of Equalization Publication 29 (California Property Tax, An Overview)
- CA State Board of Equalization Publication 30 (Residential Property Assessment Appeals)
- CA State Board of Equalization 'Your Assessment Appeal' Video